Fort Metal Cross, formerly Fort Dixcove, is a military building in the Ghanaian town of Dixcove.
In 1683, Brandenburg-Prussia began construction on Fort Groß Friedrichsburg (today Princes Town) in the colony of Brandenburger Gold Coast, about 15 kilometers (9.3 miles) west of Dixcove.
In 1712, John Kanu, a local Prussian ally, besieged Fort Metal Cross twice, but the fort was successfully resisted.
Under the Anglo-Dutch Gold Coast Treaty, the fort was handed to the Dutch as part of a massive transaction of forts between Britain and the Netherlands in 1868. Fort Metalen Kruis was renamed. The fort, along with the entire Dutch Gold Coast, was handed to the United Kingdom four years later, on April 6, 1872, as part of the Gold Coast Treaty of 1871. However, the Dutch name of Fort Metal Cross has stuck.